What is an online casino in India?In a nutshell, an Indian online casino is the internet version of a land-based casino, much the ones in Goa. The offer similar games that you can gamble/bet on but from your phone or laptop over the internet. Read our full guide to what it is here on this page.
You know what to expect if you’ve ever been to a land-based casino. Various slot machines and table games are scattered throughout the building.
Online casinos take the experience to another level since there aren’t restrictions in space.
Usually, you will find an online casino that offers hundreds to thousands of games, including sports betting on some sites and live dealer games if you still want the feeling of being in a brick-and-mortar casino.
Online vs Land-based Casinos in Goa
We’ve touched on the minor differences between an online casino and a land-based one, but several notable characteristics are specific to each type.
- With an online platform, all your transactions are done through the internet, and there’s no need to handle cash.
- You can play your favourite games at any time of the day without any restrictions on the hours of operation.
- Indian players will also appreciate that land-based casinos are illegal across most states, while online casinos are perfectly legal to operate in the country since they have foreign licenses.
With online casinos, you have access to thousands of games at your fingertips instead of physically walking around, looking for a vacant table or slot machine to play at.
The Structure of the Online Casino
For an online casino to be legal in India, it must possess an operating license from a foreign authority such as the Government of Curacao or Malta Gaming Authority. The majority of sites are regulated online by these bodies to ensure the protection of casino players.
Devices to Use
Since gambling sites require internet connectivity, you’d need a device that allows you to connect to the internet. Some online casinos have developed apps that you can download through Google Play and Apple Stores, and you can play casino games using your typical desktop or laptop.
Occasionally, you may find that an online casino has a specific web app for desktops. Alternatively, you can use the browser on those devices to play online casino games.
Online casinos must offer the most popular and convenient methods to make transactions easier for players in India. Indian players prefer using options such as PayTM, UPI, Neteller, and Skrill. While using these methods is safe and helps with quick transactions, they also support the exchange of the Indian Rupee.
Online casinos that welcome transactions with the local currency help prevent players from paying conversion fees from their Rupees to the acceptable currencies.
Online casinos allow players from India to register an account with their site. However, there’s no room for fraudulent activities as they will verify every profile that registers for an account. The casino protects you and other players from online criminals when you send copies of your identity document, bank statement, and proof of address.
It’s part of their licence requirement to provide players with decent customer support services. If you have any issues or complaints, the first point of contact should be the casino’s support staff.
In some cases, you should have several methods to contact them, such as via email, live chat, telephone, and social media channels.
Online Casino Software for Games Explained
Online casinos use software developers to source their games. You’d find the same popular software providers across most Indian online casinos, such as Evolution Gaming, Ezugi, and NetEnt, amongst a host of other brands.
Naturally, the online casino games that are around now compared to when they first came out are vastly improved.
With the development of technology came games with better graphics and more entertainment, delivering a unique experience.
The software is more user friendly and comes with various features that keep you entertained throughout your gaming session.
Choosing Where to Play in India
There are a plethora of online casinos available to players in India as you can see in our list on that page.
Finding the ideal one to register and play at can be difficult. For this reason, you need to do research before signing up for an account. The fact is, there are some excellent online casinos and some bad ones. Consider these points when selecting an online casino for a positive gambling experience.
- Legitimacy - Ensure the online casino has a valid license that protects you against fraud.
- Reviews - Read in-depth casino reviews like the ones we provide for every new casino in India. You can trust the opinion of our pro gamblers.
- Payment Methods - You don’t want to struggle with transactions, so make sure the online casino offers convenient payment methods.
- Games Catalogue - Ideally, you want a wide range of games from which to select. If you’re a fan of blackjack and roulette, you can find a casino that offers several varieties of these games. Also, you can find specific games such as Teen Patti and Andar Bahar, which you may have grown up playing with friends.
- Pay-outs - Find out how fast the casino processes withdrawals; you don’t want to wait weeks to receive your winnings.
- Customer Support - If you have concerns or questions, you must have proper contact details to reach out to the casino’s customer support team. The more information they provide, the better the casino.
- Promotions - Every gambler wants an incentive to register a casino account and remain loyal to the brand. A deposit bonus is the very least you should expect from a new platform.
Typical Games Available
You can enjoy anything from sports betting to online poker. Slot games and live sports betting are exceedingly popular. These are some of the games you can enjoy at Indian online casinos.
- Video Poker
- Casino Hold’em
- Texas ’Em
- Double Ball Roulette
- Blackjack and its variants
- Dream Catcher
- Game Shows
Also, online casinos have the same massive catalogue of traditional casino games that you’d find in a brick-and-mortar casino. However, you can also find classic games you’re familiar with being from India, these include.
- Teen Patti Rapid
- Teen Patti Pro
- Bet on Teen Patti
- Teen Patti Live
- Live Teen Patti 20-20
- Teen Patti Gold
- Rotating Jokers
- Closest to 555
- Andar Bahar
- Andar Bahar Live
- No Commission Andar Bahar
- Speed Andar Bahar
How do casino systems generate random numbers?
The computer software delivers random results. The process applies an algorithm and seed number every millisecond. The general idea assigns a value to each symbol on a reel. If there are 12 symbols per reel on a 5-reel slot machine, the RNG will deliver a value of 1-12 for each of the 5 reels. The result would be 5 different symbols. If they’re on a winning line, you get paid a certain amount.
How do online casinos make their money?
Casino games have a general slant toward the house making money. Even though the edge they enjoy is marginal, it is still in their favour. Specific games have an advantage related to how easy or difficult it is to win.
How do online casinos pay you your winnings?
Casinos will use your preferred withdrawal method to process your request. Depending on the method you've selected, it may take a while for the funds to get into your hands.
Do online casinos need a land-based establishment to operate legally?
No. In India, an online casino simply requires a license to operate within the country’s borders. Once they have a license from the regulatory authority, there’s no need for a land-based partner.