Over 15 million people use JustGamblers to find their gambling platform.
The 3 Best IPL Betting Sites in India
Our In-Depth Guide to IPL Betting
Welcome to the JustGamblers.com guide to IPL betting online! In this guide, we’ll address the most common questions that Indian gamblers have, where to wager for real money, how to place bets, and what devices you’ll need to access the best sites.
Answers to Common Questions about IPL Betting
Q: What does IPL mean?
A: IPL stands for “Indian Premier League” and is the professional Twenty20 cricket league. It is contested each Spring between March or April and May.
Q: How do I bet on IPL?
A: You only need to visit a trusted sportsbook, sign up, and deposit money online to place your bets on your favourite teams.
Q: Can you get bonuses that you can use for your bets?
A: The best sites for IPL live betting offer competitive bonuses and promotions to make it easy to bet using bonus cash.
Q: Can I do live IPL betting?
A: Absolutely! Many players enjoy the action of betting live during the T20 matches using our favourite sites.
Q: Can I legally bet on IPL in India?
A: Yes – sports betting is not considered a game of chance, so it’s legal to bet on IPL matches in India.
Q: Where can I watch/stream IPL?
A: Several common legal gambling sites in India allow you to livestream the same matches on which you wagered.
Q: Where can I find IPL predictions?
A: Many sites offer predictions about upcoming IPL matches.
Q: What do I need to register and to place a bet?
A: Most sites require contact information, age confirmation, and a monetary deposit before you can bet real money.
The 3 Best IPL Betting Sites
We’ve scoured the internet to find the biggest and best sportsbooks online that include IPL matches. Below, you’ll learn what you need to know to choose between these sites and what you’ll need to sign up and start betting. Each of these sites has our experts’ seal of approval.
Betway IPL betting
Betway has consistently been one of our experts’ favourite online sportsbooks. This casino has what you’re looking for: they accept INR as a regular currency, it has a mobile app for easy access and has enabled live betting options for Indian players.
Our full Betway review covers all the details, but consider some reasons why they’re a top choice for IPL betting:
- Its deposit and withdrawal options are exceptional for Indian gamblers, never charging you transaction fees.
- It combines live betting with exceptional online betting options, so when it’s not IPL season, you can still find live cricket matches on which to bet.
- Its design is simple, elegant, and easy to use.
- The sportsbook has exceptional customer support, which you can access via phone, email, or live chat 24 hours a day.
All considered these reasons highlight how Betway stands out in the world of IPL betting. You can even unlock their special signup bonus for sports betting. When you make your first deposit, you can earn an additional 2,500 INR to try your luck without risking much of your own money.
LeoVegas IPL betting
Although LeoVegas doesn’t tailor to Indian players as well as Betway does (for example, LeoVegas does not accept INR deposits or withdrawals), it still offers several compelling reasons that you should consider it when you want to bet on IPL matches:
- It has an attractive referral program that rewards you for recommending your friends, ultimately adding money to your account with which you can bet on IPL matches.
- You can conveniently deposit whatever amount of money you would like, as there are no transaction fees and low deposit minimums.
- The sportsbook and casino have an excellent selection of rotating bonuses, often providing monetary incentives to bet on IPL matches when in season.
The sportsbook also commissioned a company to develop a unique app, which simplifies the betting experience and lets you get in on the action without needing to use anything more than your smartphone.
LeoVegas has enabled live betting, so you can get in on the action without having to bet far in advance. Read through our full LeoVegas review to get a better idea of its security features and casino options. In the meantime, we recommend LeoVegas as one of the best sites for cricket betting in India.
10cric IPL betting
10cric is another site that targets Indian players and offers an exceptional service. While it falls slightly short of Betway (specifically in terms of its bonus structure being less friendly to casual gamblers), it is nevertheless a reliable option for IPL betting and a great site to visit. Our experts have highlighted a few areas where the sportsbook performs well:
- Its site design is simple, making it easy for new players to get involved and find where to place bets.
- Despite the limitations on rollovers, often requiring a 35x betting rate before you can withdraw the funds as cash, the site offers many opportunities to earn bonus cash.
- While 10cric also runs a popular online casino, it doesn’t neglect its sportsbook. As a result, you can easily browse through its match listings and find the IPL matches on which you’d like to bet.
If you prefer to use mobile devices, we strongly recommend downloading the 10cric app for Android. It’s well-designed and reflects a clear understanding of what players want from an IPL betting app. As a bonus for Indian gamblers, 10cric natively accepts INR for deposits and withdrawals. The sportsbook devotes an entire section to live betting, so you won’t have any difficulty finding the option when you need it. Browse our in-depth 10cric review to get a better idea of our thoughts regarding its security, cash handling options, and signup procedure.
Format, Rules and Policies
At this point, online sports betting has reached a stable place. Most online sportsbooks follow a basic formula that makes it easy to find the matches you seek and make it as easy as possible for new players to sign up and start depositing money. Below we provide some basic expectations about what you’ll find as well as some helpful betting tips and information regarding the tournament and past team performance.
Betting Options for IPL
Sportsbooks run online betting for the IPL in the same way that they run standard cricket betting. While the format is a little different than some other leagues, each match is handled independently. Depending on the sportsbook, you may also bet on in other ways than merely which team will win (a straight bet):
- Parlay – Combining several teams’ performance to make a single bet on how several events will occur, which increases the pay-out while decreasing your odds of winning
- Propositions – Anticipating specific events within the game, such as who scores the first point or which player will win the Player of the Series title
- Futures Propositions – Selecting in advance the teams that make it to the playoffs, or the finals, or which team will win the final
Each method appeals to a different style of betting, so try your hand at a few different ones and learn which approach suits you best.
IPL Betting Tips
If you’re looking for ways to improve your IPL betting odds, you should take some time to research your favourite teams. Compared to other leagues, the IPL has an advantage by only involving between 8-9 teams regularly. As a result, fans can learn details about each team and make bets informed by how well each player is performing overall. To help you get started, we’ve created a list of the past winners, including which teams were the runner up each year.
Format of the Tournament
The IPL uses a reliable format to give each competing team a fair opportunity to enter the playoffs. There are currently eight teams that play against each other twice during the season using a home-and-away, double round-robin format. Once each team has played each other at each location, the points are totalled, and the top four teams enter the playoffs. The top two teams are seeded into a winner’s semi-final, with the winner of the Qualifier 1 match earning a place in the final. The loser of Qualifier 1 plays against the winner of the Eliminator, which is the match between the third- and fourth-place teams. The semi-final match is the Qualifier 2, whose winner plays in the finals against the winner of the Qualifier 1 for the grand title.
Past Winning Teams
One of the best ways to increase your odds of winning is to know a little more about the teams that regularly compete. The IPL was established in 2008, so there are now 12 series to reflect upon and make better-founded predictions. Commonly, the Chennai Super Kings perform quite well during the league. While this team does not always win, it has been either the winner or runner up in 8 out of the 12 finals. The best-performing team overall is the Mumbai Indians, which has won the league four times so far, the most recent time in 2019.
Below we’ve assembled a chart of the past winners with a few more details that can help you make more informed bets at this year’s IPL.
|Year||Winning Team||Margin of Victory||Runner Up||Player of the Series|
|2008||Rajasthan Royals||3 wickets||Chennai Super Kings||Shane Watson|
|2009||Deccan Chargers||6 runs||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Adam Gilchrist|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings||22 runs||Mumbai Indians||Sachin Tendulkar|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings||58 runs||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Chris Gayle|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders||5 wickets||Chennai Super Kings||Sunil Narine|
|2013||Mumbai Indians||23 runs||Chennai Super Kings||Shane Watson|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders||3 wickets||Kings XI Punjab||Glenn Maxwell|
|2015||Mumbai Indians||41 runs||Chennai Super Kings||Andre Russell|
|2016||Sunrisers Hyderabad||8 runs||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Virat Kohli|
|2017||Mumbai Indians||1 run||Rising Pune Supergiant||Ben Stokes|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings||8 wickets||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Sunil Narine|
|2019||Mumbai Indians||1 run||Chennai Super Kings||Andre Russell|
A glossary explaining common words used in IPL
Our “need to know” guide includes several common terms you’ll hear when watching the IPL, especially if you’re new to cricket:
- IPL – Indian Premier League
- T20 – Twenty20 is a shortened format for the game, reducing the overall match time by limiting each team to a single innings of no more than 20 overs.
- BCCI – The Board of Control for Cricket in India, the national governing body for cricket in India, which oversees all official domestic tournaments.
- Innings – One team’s turn at bat
- Pitch – The centre rectangle in the field, 22 yards long
- Best Bowling – The most wickets for the lowest number of runs in a single innings by an individual bowler (betting on the first out is a standard proposition bet)
- All-rounder – A player skilled both at batting and bowling
There’s much to know about the IPL in particular and cricket in general, so you can take advantage of the social aspect of sports betting by watching the matches with one of your mates who’s more familiar and can give you some pointers as the game progresses.
Summary and what to do now
As much as we love talking about the IPL, it’s just not the same as getting in on the action yourself. Use this guide as a starting point and then browse through our top online sportsbook reviews at JustGamblers to find a sportsbook that’s offering an enticing signup bonus. Each sportsbook sets their own odds, so these may vary between sites, especially for proposition bets. Don’t be afraid to get creative with what interests you, as you may find a website that takes a similar approach to you and creates the ideal atmosphere for you to enjoy betting on IPL matches.
Based on how popular the IPL is, there’s no shortage of enthusiasm for the league, and you’re likely to encounter many people who share your interest in betting on these matches. With each passing year, the depth and skill showed in the league online increase as more players from around the world try their luck in this Indian showcase league. Remember to observe basic gambling safety tips both to avoid someone stealing your information and to maintain a responsible approach toward gambling.